Pandemic Influenza Continuity of Operations Planning Instructions
The following information and continuity of operations planning instructions will aid you in developing a continuity of operations plan for your unit.
If you are a UNC-CH School, Department, Center, Institute, or unit that has not developed a continuity of operations plan, please download the Pandemic Influenza Continuity of Operations template, complete the plan, and then send it to: Steve Kenny, Director of Risk Management Services, at : skenny[at]email.unc.edu.
The benefits of drafting a Pandemic Influenza Continuity of Operations Plan include:
Your department will be better prepared to eventually draft an all-hazard Continuity of Operations Plan that would address hurricanes, ice storms, etc. Planning will likely identify changes to your procedures and operations that would make your department resistant to a disaster. Your planning could identify changes that would be prudent to better prepare other departments and the University for emergencies.
- Pandemic Plan
- PI Planning Assumptions
- Pandemic Influenza Continuity of Operations Plan template
- Call Tree Template
- Example of Call Tree
- Examples of Pandemic Influenza Continuity of Operations Plans
- Guide to Business Continuity and Recovery Planning on Campus
Home Emergency Planning for Individuals and Families
- Pandemic Flu Planning Checklist: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Protect Your Family and Property - FEMA
- Preparing for Emergencies - American Red Cross
For more information:
If you need more help or would like to send us comments about our planning efforts and the documents noted above please click here. Thank you.