The Laboratory Safety Program inspects University work environments to anticipate, recognize, evaluate, and control personnel exposures to chemical hazards. This section also is responsible for managing the University’s Chemical Hygiene Plan.
Mark Heise, PhD, is an assistant professor of medicine and a principal investigator with the School of Medicine at the University of North Carolina. Mark is a graduate of St. Olaf College, with a PhD from Washington University at St. Louis School of Medicine and post-doc work at the University of North Carolina.
Become A Great Safety Mentor
Read these two articles to get started on mentoring:
- EHS Annual Report
- Laboratory Safety Manual
- Creating Safety Cultures
- Chem/Rad Disposal Request
- EHS Compliance Portal Login
- Export Controls
- Important Shipping Documentation and Labeling
- Hazardous Material Standard Operating Procedures
- Laboratory Safety Plan Login
- UEOHC Appointment System
- Worker Registration Login