This section has been reviewed and updated as needed: April 2014
- Fire Safety
- Will inspect places of public assembly at least annually.
- Chemical Safety
- Will inspect chemical laboratories suspected of using hazardous materials which have not submitted a Laboratory Safety Plan.
- Radiation Safety
- Will inspect radioactive materials laboratories according to policy.
- Workplace Safety
- Will inspect areas that fall under the Hazards Management Plan according to policy. Will inspect clinic areas according to JCAHO standards.
- Biological Safety
- Will inspect containment laboratories at least annually.
- comply with the State Workplace Safety Program requirements
- educate, inform, and heighten awareness of employees regarding safety in their work environments
Upon completion, the checklists will be returned to Department of Environment, Health and Safety for review, follow-up, and data entry. In addition to the basic checklist, an environment-specific questionnaire will be included. This questionnaire will request a personnel update and confirmation that training has been conducted. In addition, the following areas will be emphasized in the environment-specific questionnaire:
- Laboratory Environment: Update of the Laboratory Safety Plan and Chemical inventory and location.
- Clinic Environment: Identification of specialized safety requirements related to JCAHO or other certification agencies.
- Industrial Environment: Identification of operations that have specific regulatory training requirements, e.g., confined space entry.
- Maintenance Environment: Identification of operations that have specific regulatory training requirements, e.g., lock-out, tag-out procedures.
- Support Services Environment: Identification of operations that have specific regularly training requirements, e.g., hazard communication standard, fork-lifts, DOT regulations.
- Office Environment: Ergonomics information questionnaire to identify work needing follow-up inspection. This questionnaire will be distributed to all employees who use video display terminals by the Human Resources Facilitator.