- Enter your itinerary in the Global Travel Registry, a site that is maintained by the Provost’s office for emergency communications.
- Obtain GeoBlue insurance coverage through the Risk Management Office.
The GeoBlue policy provides accident and sickness coverage, including pre-existing conditions, along with medical evacuation and repatriation of remains. It is primary coverage with a no deductible. Political, security and natural disaster evacuation coverage is also included.
There is no trip cancellation or lost baggage coverage keeping the daily rates low for the group, and personal effects are not insured under this policy.
Accessing the insurance: Once the coverage has been requested, you will receive an email from GeoBlue with instructions for registering and accessing the website for printing you own ID card. This ID card will be required for any medical assistance while you are abroad. A mobile app is also available for downloading after registering on the GeoBlue website.
GeoBlue’s Global Health Team and Customer Service are available 24/7. Contact information is provided on the ID card.
- Presented at the Study Abroad Pre-Departure Conference for spring semester students.
- Provided study abroad coverage training for the new Kenan-Flagler STAR Program Assistant.
- Hosted a risk management Lunch and Learn conference call with School of Dentistry, agents, Department of Insurance and Broker and Fortress Insurance Company.
- Trained Friday Center employees on contracts and certificates related to risk management.
- Participated in the University Business Managers Lunch and Learn pertaining to the changes of new employee orientation: “Welcome to Carolina Blue, Your Journey Starts Here.”
- Renewed automobile liability and other optional physical damage coverage for 1,333 vehicles, which includes self-propelled mobile equipment.
- Managed 74 automobile claims.
- Uploaded 1,485 rosters of approximately 4,922 participants in the Study Abroad/Business Travel Program – Outbound group.
- Uploaded 68 rosters of approximately 176 J1 participants and dependents in the International Scholars Program – Inbound group.
- Renewed Property Insurance Coverage, which includes $6,579,905,024 in building and content values.
- Renewed All Risk coverage which includes $14,175,208 in values.
- Renewed Professional Liability coverage for 14 Schools and various individuals.
- Implemented the first Cyber Liability Policy for the University.
- Settled or managed various property claims:
- Property Damage caused by vehicle (22)
- Vandalism (5)
- Fire (8)
- Water Damage (7)
- Theft (2)
- Student Blanket Professional Liability Med Pay (1)
- Camper Accident (4)
- Employee Dishonesty (1)
- Wind (1)
- Sprinkler (2)
- Tort Claim (1)
- Onsite inspection with AIG Loss Control of University contents located at Duke Library Center Storage Facility.
- Met with University Human Resources and Workers’ Compensation representatives to discuss developing procedures confirming the purchase of Workers’ Compensation for out-of-state employees.
- Discussed insurance programs offered with the new director of the University Office of Diversity and Inclusion.
- Discussed insurance programs offered with the new director of the Carolina Center for Public Service.
- The Facility Use stakeholder met with new the director of the Property Office to explain our specific roles in the facility-use agreement process.
- Attended quarterly meetings with the Hazards Management Committee.
- Met with Carolina Performing Arts representatives to discuss adding property insurance coverage for their move to Carolina Square.
- Met with department of Computer Science representatives to discuss the University property insurance program.
- Met with Student Affairs and University Counsel representatives to discuss the future of SHAC liability coverage and other liability options available to our students.