Hepatitis B Vaccination Requirement
The employee should schedule or decline the Hepatitis B vaccine within 10 working days after the exposure determination is made for an employee (see the Exposure Control Plan for your work area). The vaccine is offered by UNC at no cost to the employee.
If you are a student worker, you will need to contact UNC Campus Health Services.
UNC Hospitals employees need to contact UNC Health Care.
For UNC Employees
To obtain the Hepatitis B vaccination, complete these steps:
- Fill out the Hepatitis B vaccination consent form.
- If you don’t have a medical record number, call 919-966-2555 to get one.
- Schedule your appointment with the University Employee Occupational Health Clinic at 919-966-9119.
To Decline the Hepatitis B vaccination:
- Complete the Hepatitis B Vaccine Declination form
- Follow the directions on the form to submit it to the University Employee Occupational Health Clinic.
For more information about the Hepatitis B vaccination series, view the CDC fact sheet.