If Freon is improperly handled during the servicing of car or truck air conditioners, it could be released into the atmosphere. The refrigerant must be recovered by a qualified technician.
- Recover or recycle waste Freon on the premises using EPA approved recycling/recovery equipment with a certified operator.
- Make sure technicians obtain EPA approved training.
- Manage filters from Freon recovery equipment as hazardous waste.
- Keep records of the dates and quantities of Freon recovered and recycled.
- Do Not evaporate or vent Freon to the atmosphere.
- Do Not perform service on motor vehicle air conditioners without the proper refrigerant recovery/recycling equipment.