Food Vendor Pollution Prevention Guidelines
(PDF version of this document)
All storm drains on campus discharge directly to local streams
- NEVER pour mop water or any cleaning chemical down the storm drains.
- Use sinks that are connected to the sanitary sewer for disposing of mop water. A hot water tap is a good indicator that the sink is OK for this use.
- Don’t use hand-washing sinks for disposing of mop water.
Water from Cooking Operations
- NEVER pour water from cooking, steamer trays, water baths, dish washing, or other food preparation activities into a storm drain.
Used Cooking Oil
- NEVER pour cooking oil or grease down the storm drains.
- Spill kits are handy, but if you don’t have a spill kit and you have a cooking oil spill, call your UNC contact person to bring spill clean-up supplies.
Questions? Need help cleaning up a spill?
- Weekdays: Call EHS at 919-962-5507
- Game Day: Call UNC Police at 919-962-8100