Pollution Prevention for Housekeeping
Mop water and other wastewater disposal
- Never empty mop water, cleaning chemicals, floor buffer wastewater or any other liquids on the ground (outside).
- Mop water and other wastewater must only be emptied into housekeeping sinks. These sinks are identified by high sides and water taps.
- Keep liquids out of dumpsters. Liquids leaking from dumpsters (“dumpster juice”) can wash into storm drains when it rains, causing pollution in the local creeks.
- Top-opening lids must stay closed except when adding trash.
- Side-opening doors can stay open at all times.
- Contact EHS for waste pickup of unwanted chemical materials.