Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
First, please remember the following:
- Contact Human Resources if:
- Employees cannot be found within the department.
- The wrong department number is on the letter that was sent.
- An employee’s information is incorrect.
*Our information is received from Human Resources, thus we cannot make changes to that information.
- Employees are required to complete either the online orientation OR the in class orientation. Employees are not required to complete both.
Am I required to attend the New Employee Orientation safety course?
Yes, all employees hired from 1993 to the present are required to attend New Employee Orientation.
Why do I have to take the Bloodborne Pathogens course annually?
OSHA’S BBP standard 1910.1030 requires employees to conduct annual training.
I work in a lab environment, who conducts the lab safety plan (LSP) training?
The Principal Investigator is required to conduct an annual review of his/her LSP with all laboratory personnel.
Do I need to register for any of EHS Instructor-Led courses?
Pre-registration is not required.
If I received training on subjects such as Bloodborne pathogens or Radioactive Worker, etc., from a previous employer am I still required to attend the University’s course?
Yes. It is required that the employer conduct training on its policy and procedures.