Over the past month, Environment, Health and Safety has been testing water fixtures across campus for lead levels and received results back that there is detectable lead in multiple buildings.
Below on this page you will find a list of all the buildings with these fixtures. We will post updates to this page as we have them. In addition, we will send updates on the new EHS Twitter channel @unc_ehs. Please follow that account to stay informed.
For questions and further information, please refer to the FAQs included on this web page. Additional questions can be directed to Environment, Health and Safety at 919-962-5507.
- Carrington Hall (09/26/22)
- Isaac M. Taylor Hall (09/26/22)
- Fordham Hall (09/19/22)
- Hamilton Hall (09/19/22)
- Manning Hall (09/19/22)
- Phillips Hall (09/19/22)
- South Building (09/19/22)
- Wilson Library (09/09/22)
- Wilson Library (08/30/22)
General questions about the ongoing investigation can be directed to Environment, Health and Safety at 919-962-5507.
If you are an employee and have further health-related concerns, please contact the University Employee Occupational Health Clinic at 919-966-9119.
If you are a student and have concerns, please contact Campus Health at 919-966-2281.
If you are a visitor or community member and have concerns, please contact your health care provider.
- Orange Water and Sewer Authority (OWASA) Water and Health webpage
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Lead in Drinking Water website
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Basic Information About Lead in Drinking Water website