Fire Safety and Emergency Response
Fire Safety and Emergency Response is responsible for enforcing North Carolina building and fire codes, investigating fire incidents, and developing evacuation procedures. In addition, Fire Safety maintains the fire alarms and approximately 7,000 fire extinguishers on campus, which receive an annual inspection and maintenance to be code-compliant.
If any of the following incidents occur, please contact Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) at 919-962-5507.
- Chemical Spill
- Blood/Biohazard Spill
- Illegal Dumping: includes anyone (including University employees/contractors) putting anything into a storm drain.
- Unknown Odor
- Natural Gas Odor
- Safety Hazard: includes any hazards indoors or outdoors that you perceive to pose a safety risk.
Who Do I Contact?
Additional information can be found on the Alert Carolina website.
- Automated External Defibrillators
- Electrical Safety
- Emergency Coordinators and Emergency Action Plan
- Escape Plans and Routes
- Fire and Smoke Alarms, Sprinklers and Fire Extinguishers
- Residential Safety
- Smoke Free