The Biological Safety Section provides general surveillance over activities involving biohazardous agents, monitors and reviews the performance and maintenance of containment systems, provides consulting services on aspects of biological safety and provides guidance and assistance concerning the packaging and shipping of biohazardous agents.
Mark Heise, PhD, is an assistant professor of medicine and a principal investigator with the School of Medicine at the University of North Carolina. Mark is a graduate of St. Olaf College, with a PhD from Washington University at St. Louis School of Medicine and post-doc work at the University of North Carolina.
- Annual Report
- Biological Safety Manual
- Important Shipping Documentation and Labeling
- Institutional Biosafety Committee
- Transporting Research Materials
- Flammable Gases in Biological Safety Cabinets
- Chem/Rad Disposal Request
- Dual Use Research of Concern Policy
- EHS Compliance Portal Login
- Laboratory Safety Plan Login
- Hazardous Material Standard Operating Procedures
- UEOHC Appointment System
- Worker Registration Login